During the trial we are given multiple parts of evidence that proves that Tom Robinson was not guilty. He is; however,
found guilty because of the racist people that make up the jury.
Atticus gave Mr. Ewell the chance to change anything that the sheriff had said earlier about the description of his daughter
but he said that he agreed with everything the sheriff had said.
1. Tom Robinson's left hand was basically incontrollable,
and Mayella was beaten on the right side. Mayella's father was left-handed.
2. Mr. Ewell said he saw Tom Robinson raping his daughter, but Mayella said that he came in screaming "Who done it?!"
3. Mayella said she turned around and Tom attacked her, but Mr. Tate said that there were bruises on the back of her
4. Atticus gets it out of Tom that Mr. Ewell rapes his daughter already and we also find out he is a drunk.
5. Mayella's father apparently found them, or so he says, but why would the children not hear? The woods are much
farther than the dump, they should have heard.
6. They did not call a doctor, so they should not even be there because it does not qualify as rape until a doctor says
it was so. This trial should not even be in the courts!